Student Jessica Nehme studied with us this summer attending the “Food, Health, and Wellness in Italy” course. This experience moved her so much that she...
Post Baccalaureate Program
In collaboration with Fairfield University
FUA-AUF and Fairfield University offer a joint program in Florence for college graduates who were unable to participate in a study abroad experience or wish to earn post-baccalaureate credits that can be applied to a future master's degree program.
The program is offered in the fall and spring semesters.
Extended spring-summer and yearlong options also available.
Students complete 4 courses (minimum 12 credits) in a semester with a focus on the curriculum areas as listed below.
Upper-level Undergraduate areas of study:
- Art/Art History
- Italian language/Studies
- International Business/Management/Marketing
- International Studies/Leadership/Social Justice
Graduate-level areas of study (maximum 2 courses):
- Creative Writing
- Fashion Retail, Merchandising and Media
- Health and Wellness studies
- International Education
- Organizational Management for International Hospitality
- Visual Media
- Fairfield transcript for credits and Program Certificate of Completion.
- Direct pathways available to transfer 6 credits of graduate coursework to Fairfield master's degrees in Creative Writing, Communications, Interior Design, Fine Arts, and Management (MS).
- Opportunity to enhance professional skills and international profile.
- Cultural and community engagement in an Italian context.
- No visa required for citizens of countries on the visa waiver status with Italy for studies under 90 days.
Program participants are housed with other post-baccalaureate students in city center apartments. Locations are fully furnished and include utilities, fully equipped kitchens, wifi, heating/AC, and basic towel and bed linen sets.
Admissions and Program Costs
For program costs, admissions requirements/deadlines, and application processes, please visit the Fairfield University post baccalaureate program page.
Health Science Program Launched in Florence
American University of Florence is pleased to announce a new series of updates to their long-standing Health Sciences program, widening their educational offer to accommodate...
The Pomario Botanical Retail store is FUA-AUF’s most recent CEMI initiative. Pomario is operated by students and faculty members