Post Baccalaureate Program
In collaboration with Fairfield University
FUA-AUF and Fairfield University offer a joint program in Florence for college graduates who were unable to participate in a study abroad experience or wish to earn post-baccalaureate credits that can be applied to a future master's degree program.
The program is offered in the fall and spring semesters.
Extended spring-summer and yearlong options also available.
Students complete 4 courses (minimum 12 credits) in a semester with a focus on the curriculum areas as listed below.
Upper-level Undergraduate areas of study:
- Art/Art History
- Italian language/Studies
- International Business/Management/Marketing
- International Studies/Leadership/Social Justice
Graduate-level areas of study (maximum 2 courses):
- Creative Writing
- Fashion Retail, Merchandising and Media
- Health and Wellness studies
- International Education
- Organizational Management for International Hospitality
- Visual Media
- Fairfield transcript for credits and Program Certificate of Completion.
- Direct pathways available to transfer 6 credits of graduate coursework to Fairfield master's degrees in Creative Writing, Communications, Interior Design, Fine Arts, and Management (MS).
- Opportunity to enhance professional skills and international profile.
- Cultural and community engagement in an Italian context.
- No visa required for citizens of countries on the visa waiver status with Italy for studies under 90 days.
Program participants are housed with other post-baccalaureate students in city center apartments. Locations are fully furnished and include utilities, fully equipped kitchens, wifi, heating/AC, and basic towel and bed linen sets.
Admissions and Program Costs
For program costs, admissions requirements/deadlines, and application processes, please visit the Fairfield University post baccalaureate program page.